Thursday, December 20, 2007

Scary, Scary, Scary Christmas

(sung to the tune of Carol of the Bells)

Hark! How the bells,
Screeches and yells,
Ring through the room;
What just went “BOOM”?

Christmas is here,
bring me more beer
‘Til I have drowned
Out all the sound.

Chloé’s the worst,
My eardrums burst.
“Look at my hair!
What will I wear?”

Wynham's berserk
How can I work?
Presents to wrap;
I'm gonna snap.

Jack and Claire squeal;
What is the deal?
They're so wound up
They want a pup.

Ding, dong, ding, dong,
That is their song
On without end
I’m ‘round the bend

Scary, Scary, Scary, Scary Christmas
Scary, Scary, Scary, Scary Christmas

Poor inner ear,
Gone by next year.
All of the noise –
My Christmas Joys!

Ding, dong, ding… dong!

1 comment:

  1. How do you have the time or the energy to get these great poems thought up?!! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete