Saturday, June 6, 2009

Flight Patterns


"Mama, come look what I made!" said Jack, from below the foot of the bed this morning. I hear this plea often enough, so I wasn't expecting the shivery, somewhat hair-raising feeling I experienced as I dragged myself out from under the covers. Why he went for my jar of Q-Tips and decided on this particular design I don't know, but I do know that I had a knee-jerk reaction to the image I saw on the floor. "I've seen that before! James, come look!"

"That looks like the Nazca hummingbird," I thought. The Twilight Zone theme played in my head. Nobody but me was at all impressed by the likeness, and then Jack corrected me: "It's not a bird; it's a robot, Mom!" That may very well be... Doesn't anyone else hear that eerie music?

No comments:

Post a Comment