Friday, April 9, 2010

Capturing a Thousand Words


By Chloe Guillemot


I often laugh at my mom

For taking so many pictures.

She says I will thank her later.


Once, she took a picture

Of Claire and me

Down at Kirby Cove.


But she did more than take a picture –

She captured a single moment in time;

She captured a thousand words.


Behind our frozen faces

Full of sunshine,

The Golden Gate took up the blue sky.


Further on still,

The tall San Francisco skyscrapers

Sprang up from the ground like flowers.


The blue bay, an upside down sky,

Was still and undisturbed. Quiet.

Free of boats and sailors.


The cables between the two towers

Of the Golden Gate dipped into a smile,

Reflecting Claire’s smile and mine.


The rays of sun brought light

To everything that it touched,

A golden aura filled the air.


I try not to laugh now

When my mom takes a picture

To capture a single moment in time.


Instead, I look for colors and light,

Smiles and sun, life and more life.

I search for a thousands words.

2 comments:

  1. i love this spilling of light & words ^°|°^
    these smiles through life... like flights of birds *\°
    this family grows poets a'plenty,
    as mom captures moments of many *> sweet salad mix of real and dreams {at least a thousand words} so worth at least a picture {hey! a thousand pix ¡ ! ¡} & these come to me, behind dropped & droopy lids, translucent in the Rays of Sun, also the Sheen of Gibbous Moons, these real mixed dreams of "colors and light, smiles and sun, life and more life," pictures and more words, songs around the hearth, they mix together like smokey tears and laughter* memories, of rope tied to bucket* splashing down while sharing reeling up*
    a Wishing (o) Well ..... ¿*^°^*?

    °/~
    ༀༀༀ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds distinctly like a certain lo(k)quacious someone I know...

    ReplyDelete