Monday, October 22, 2007

All Upon A Saturday Night

Chloé had her first performance at a real “gig” on Saturday night, singing a cover of Norah Jones’ Don’t Know Why. She had backup from James on keyboards and a handful of professional musicians from the headliner band, the Water Brothers. Not only does she have an amazing voice (and that’s not just a mother’s pride speaking), but she blows me away with her poise on stage. She’s just got it so together for someone her age (please don’t tell her I said that; she’s already impossible to live with!).

It was a real family affair, with Wynham in charge of video; I was assigned to get the still shots. That didn’t work out too well because I had a couple of adorable but very persistent groupies hanging off either arm, but the video work was great. Needless to say, the crowd went wild!

On the long road back, we passed a Coco’s restaurant and made an impromptu stop for a photo op (Coco is the nickname that Claire gave Chloé, and it stuck). I’m really glad I didn’t mention that they make the most wonderful chocolate cream pie (childhood memory peg). If I had, we might still be there…



No comments:

Post a Comment