Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cross Training

My brother Jonathan took this picture of Wynham up in the Santa Cruz mountains a few weeks ago, and it's a pretty good snapshot of Wynham's life philosophy: Hey guys! Let's lie down in front of a train and see what happens! It also reminds me of a poem my Grandfather continues to entertain us with every chance he gets (by coincidence, I asked him to tell it to me when I saw him in April, so that I could write it down and remember it...):

There was a man named Andy Bline


There was a man named Andy Bline
who hung three red shirts out on a line.
He bought a goat at his expense
and tied him to the backyard fence.
That goat got loose in plenty of time
and ate those three red shirts right off the line.
Andy Bline got mad and said,
“I wish to goodness that goat was dead!”
He took him down to the railroad track
and tied him fast upon his back.
In the distance came a fast express
and you can probably guess the rest…
but that goat had a scheme back in his brain –

he coughed up those three red shirts and flagged the train!


I'm sure Wynham has a plan in the back of his mind, too; I just don't know what it is yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment