Monday, May 19, 2008

Somethin' Fishy's Goin' On



Yesterday was the Tiburon Salmon Institute's third annual "Kiss and Release" event, which was held right down at the bottom of our hill in Blackie's Pasture. Claire's been excited about it for days, and on the way down the hill she said "I can't wait to go eat salmon... I mean... I mean..." as a look of horror crosses her face. " We know what you meant, honey, it's OK.

There's a Native American blessing performed on the one thousand Chinook Salmon Fingerlings before their release into Richardson Bay. The children each get a small bucket into which is carefully placed a tiny fish, and then the kids all get to release their fish into the water. Jack was happy about all the proceedings until it was time to actually let the fish go. "NO!" he said, "I can't! I just can't -- I wuv 'im!"

While that drama was unfolding, Wynham was being quizzed by a local reporter from KRON for the evening news, where he will be immortalized for the following interview response: "It's just a great experience for, like, helping fish out in the wild, basically." Proof that you should never fish and tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment