Thursday, May 28, 2009

Horse Play

Claire's been tagging along with her friend Kiira on her riding lessons for the last few weeks, but today was the first day I've been out to the barn with them. I was absolutely astonished at her competence on the back of "her" pony, Robin Hood. She knew exactly what the instructor was saying, although it was a foreign language to me, and she seemed completely at ease on that little English saddle. I was impressed.

I was also smitten with the surroundings. I've always loved Nicasio, where the farm is, and today didn't dispel my notions that it's a magical place, a little slice of heaven. If I had my druthers, I'd pack it all up and move out there tomorrow. "Give me land, lots of land, with the open skies above..." And then Claire could teach me how to ride a horse like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment