Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Love Rock 'n' Roll...

...but maybe not that much. What was I thinking, on a school night? Those Fleetwood Mac tickets were supposed to be for James and Chloé (a father-daughter thing with several of her friends), but she had a performance she couldn't miss, so my friend Heidi and I went instead as last-minute fill ins. She's such a trooper, that Heidi, and she got better pictures, too.

The last time I went to a rock concert in an arena, parking was $3; now it's $25. Maybe it's a midlife crisis thing: there we were in the nosebleed section, our eardrums pounding, and what was going through my mind was, "I could see this better at home on TV, and I could be in bed." I think Stevie Nicks was wishing she was home in bed, too. But hearing Lindsey Buckingham do a killer acoustic version of "Big Love" made it all worth it. Just maybe. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment