Saturday, November 21, 2009

Backlogging the Blog...

It's disconcerting how easily one can be distracted, how quickly time falls away. The last couple of months evaporated in a mist of cooking and writing and metalsmithing and cogitating and fundraising and spreading myself too thin. That's the problem with loving life too much: there are never enough hours in the day to conquer all those worlds out there...

My excuse for not blogging is that I haven't been able to get my camera to talk to my computer, but I'm determined to correct that today. Also, I've finally succumbed to the immediacy of Facebook: I can post photos to Facebook directly from my phone, and there's a sense of community there, an ongoing conversation; it's interactive. It's also fleeting. A blog seems more one-sided, but it still has its place: in print form it becomes a lasting legacy of how we've lived in the day-to-day.

The problem rests in finding that ever-elusive balance; I've prattled on about that before. There's so much I want to do. How can I be good at all of it? As Abraham Lincoln reminded us: "In the end it not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years." It's a roundabout apology, but I'm back, and I'm determined to fit it all in. And fill it all in. I wouldn't want to miss a thing...

1 comment:

  1. M.H.,

    So glad you're back! I was getting worried, and today I told myself that if there wasn't a new post, I was going to e-mail you to be assured that all was well. Whew--I'm so relieved that you're back. I love keeping up with you and your family through your blog.
    Lots of Love from a long-ago ad agency, comfort food-lovin', friend in MI.

    ReplyDelete