Sunday, January 15, 2012

Amped UP!

Anyone who's ever spent an afternoon at our house knows that the sound levels are in no need of any amplification whatsoever. But the noisemakers are undaunted; the louder the better! We've got lead singers, lead guitars, percussionists, keyboardists, operatic divas, a belly-dancing back-up performer, and a rapper dog. All trying to outperform each other. At any given moment. I just wish this show would go on the road, on tour, sometime. Quiet in the Studio, and all that.

Often, the home phone will ring and the conversation will go something like this:
Me: Hel-LOOO?
The other person: Hi, how are you? ...do you need to go...?
Me: I'm fine. WHAT? No, I can talk now.
The other person: It sounds like you need to go.
Me: No, no, that's just the usual. Wait a second. KEEP IT DOWN IN THERE! STOP STRANGLING YOUR SISTER WITH A GUITAR STRING THIS INSTANT! AND KEEP YOUR DRUMSTICKS TO YOURSELF! Sorry, what were you saying?
The other person: Um, I think I better go...
People say the house will one day seem much too quiet, they tell me how much I will miss this when it's over. Try me.

No comments:

Post a Comment