Friday, January 2, 2009

Vacation Condo, Not

Here's a view of the lovely white sand beach from the vacation condo in Siesta Keys, Sarasota, where we stayed for three days. I'd just like to point out that while buying groceries for the condo, making meals in the condo, washing dishes and doing laundry in the condo, cleaning up the condo because it's for sale and the owners want to show it, and keeping everyone organized for wedding and pre-wedding activities (some of which were held -where else - at the condo), I never set foot on this lovely white sand beach.

The only sand I came in contact with was the stuff that stuck to my feet after everyone else went to the beach and then came back and shook out their towels and bathing suits in the condo. Did I mention it was a "vacation" condo? Do I sound like I'm complaining? As someone I dearly love always reminds me, "Oh, the abnegation of the mother!" But hey, at least I didn't get a sunburn in the condo...

1 comment:

  1. Oh the abomination of it all! Sun....sand.....I can SEEEEEE the relaxing chaise lounges!

    ReplyDelete