Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Pauper and the Princess

Call it ironic or whatever you wish, but there's just something plain wrong with this picture. Explain to me how I had to pay 50% more for my "single" room than I paid for Chloé’s"double" which she's sharing with another singer. Honestly, it just doesn't add up. My room is the last room at the end of a looong hall with a lovely view of the air shaft, which you have to stand on a chair to see...

...While her room is undeniably palatial and fit for a future empress, complete with chandelier, large marble bathroom, and views up and down the grand boulevard.

There's actually a golden crown affixed to the double doors that lead to her Kaiser Suite. This has most assuredly given her diva complex a healthy boost; she's barely acknowledged my presence since we've arrived. Well obviously, I can't sit in my room to mope about it, so you'll probably find me strolling along the Sackstrasse...

3 comments:

  1. m, it's telling you you have to get out and partay!!!! wish i was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a Cinderella flashback. Let me know if you need a Fairy Godmother rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd invite you to come on over here, but there's only one bed, and it's really, really small...

    ReplyDelete