Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Room With a View (Almost)

One of the disadvantages of traveling alone is that most of the single rooms are in the back of the hotel, as was the case with every single place I stayed on this trip, although it didn't really matter much, since I was rarely ever in any of them except for a few hours of sleep. As I was packing up on my last night (or should I say, earliest hours of the morning) in Paris, I noticed that one of the little half-sized windows in my room opened up to a tiny terrace, so I decided to climb out and have a look. And there, between the chimney pots, were the towers of Notre Dame. I love surprises, and Paris is always full of them...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you took 1700 photos. I love the fact that you REMEMBER all the cultural places you saw, the restuarants you ate at, ALL the various books you read, the incredible stamina to fit in a DAY trip to Venice. And most of all, I love reading your colorful stories and I love the inspiration you give me to do these things! I also love how beautiful your blog is - you give me inspiration to try and develop mine into something even more. Even a computer diary becomes beautiful when you are putting it together! You've got it all Mona Helen. Now, print this comment out for James so he can be reminded of what a catch he has!

    ReplyDelete