Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sky's the Limit

It's astonishing to me that I can put 90 miles a day on my car when I almost never leave the five-mile radius around my house; occasionally, it's great to break past that barrier. Last week I had a chance to go into the City with my good friend Deb to see the Yves Saint Laurent exhibit at the De Young Museum. The new De Young is such an enticing space, inside and out. If you haven't visited it, you should.

After we toured the exhibit, we ended up with some time to spare (imagine!) and paid a visit the the Japanese Tea Garden next door. It was like stepping back in time, to my first visit as a little 9-year-old girl. On the way back, we made a detour by the Turrell Skyscape, a concrete dome with an opening to the sky. Calm. Quiet. Perspective. I could use some more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment